RUNNING WILD Forum Index

<  Raise Your Fist  ~  Be a part of the upcoming DVD: Thank You!

Jens
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2008 Posts: 8071 Location: Bucharest - RO
Let's collect a few more thank-you's here, if possible with photos of yourself and/or with Rolf and RUNNING WILD. Anything is possible - be creative!

You can also send your photos and tattoos to otti[at]ballroom-hamburg.com.

Everyone who is posting here will be mentioned with his or her name in the end credits on the upcoming DVD!

Last edited by Jens on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Wild Animal Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 463 Location: Shadowmaker - The legend returns in 2011
Jens wrote:
OK, let's collect a few thank-you's here, if possible with photos of yourself and/or with Rolf and RUNNING WILD. Anything is possible - be creative!

Everyone who is posting here will be mentioned with his or her name on the upcoming DVD!

German:

Danke Rolf für die großartigste Metalband und Musik die du uns all die Jahre geschenkt hast!
Deine Songs werden mir immer wieder Kraft und Zuversicht sowie Spaß und Freude auch die nächsten 20 Jahre bereiten!

Ich wünsche dir alles erdenklich Gute für die Zukunft und hoffe das wir dich irgendwann wieder auf dem Piratenschiff segeln sehen!!!

Running wild Fan für immer!!!

andy ( gossl )

sonofsatan

English:

Thank you Rolf for the Greatest Metalband and the Music you give us all those years have a gift!
Your Songs are always my Strength and Confidence as well as Fun and Joy, the next 20 Years to prepare!

I wish you every Success for the Future and we hope someday you return to the Pirateship sail see!

Running wild Fan forever!!!

andy ( gossl ) - Andreas Fickel

sonofsatan
Twisted Evil

[img]
Running Wild Vinyl Collection von gossl - Album.de

[/img]

[img]
Running wild - CD Collection von gossl - Album.de

[/img]

[img]
Running wild Collection von gossl - Album.de

[/img]

Last edited by sonofsatan on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

MY METALSHIRT COLLECTION:
http://www.album.de/album.cfm?albumID=6138

MUSIKSAMMLER.DE - MY COLLECTION: http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/gossl/
Bunderjager
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Under Jolly Roger Joined: 18 Jan 2009 Posts: 1273 Location: Salo, Finland
I want to thank you Rolf for your musical work of past years.

There are no words to describe how much your music has affected my life, lifestyle, thoughts and my own music. Your music has always give me inspiration, day after day. Every day I think that how have you been able to keep your music so pure and so strong all these years? The answer is that it must be some kind of magic. There is no other bands or artists in this world, that could do the same.

Others will fall, but Running Wild will stand forever.

Thank you Rolf. pirate1

- Teemu Korpiaho / Bunderjager / Finland
*I might put some pic later.

Last edited by Bunderjager on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

Welcome to the real World...
And the show!
Hellrider
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Prisoner Of Our Time Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 1994 Location: Römerberg, Germany
I'm not one to use big words and maybe the band has not affected my life as much as it has others', but nevertheless it's been something unique and special, a safe harbor in an ever-changing world. "The song remains the same", so they say and it's nice to know there are bands who almost did not change over the years.

All the best for your future musical endeavors

Cheers
Hellrider (Felix B)

Last edited by Hellrider on Fri May 01, 2009 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote
Wild Animal Joined: 02 Jun 2008 Posts: 428 Location: Sweden
Taken by storm. That was how I felt when I first heard Running Wild, and I've been riding it since that moment. There was really something special about their music, which made the music stand apart from the rest of the metal scene even if it seemed so standardized on the surface. I don't know, but I guess they just hit the nail on the head with the pirate theme, and never looked back. Rolf's untraditional voice, machine gun riff-style and huge talent for writing fast and epic heavy metal gave us a long string of legendary albums, many of which would rank as some of the best true metal albums, at least in my book.

And I totally understand Rolf's decision to quit now. You just can't keep writing the same kind of songs for 20 years and still get the same kick, so Captain Rolf Kasparek, I wish you all the best in the future and I hope you can find new inspiration elsewhere, be it in a studio, on stage or in your garden!
There will never be another Running Wild, and really, why should there be? The past is the past. This is the future. And like our cap'n, we all soon need to move on, keeping nothing but the memories and the musical legacy alive.

For eternal inspiration,
Jon Malmin

Last edited by Baptized in Fire on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sorvahr
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quote
Marooned Joined: 08 Jun 2008 Posts: 45 Location: Russia, Vladivostok
Thank you, Rolf, for the Greatest Metal Band forever - Running Wild! Your music gives me a lot of magic times in my life. Your lyrics was always an inspiration to me. Your vocal was (and always will be!) the most strongest & charismatic in metal. Rolf, your art gives me strength to live in this world!

One more time - thank you for all Running Wild releases and those brave years. Keep the Flag! Alexander Kholin.
samael
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:40 am Reply with quote
Rolf Thank You for RUNNING WILD!!! Thank You for GREAT MUSIC, for so many amazing songs and melodies! Running Wild was first ever metal music I've heard and really loved and it's push me to became die hard metalhead! End of Running Wild is BIG loss for me... See You in WACKEN and Thank You for ALL!!!

Kovalev Andrey (DroN)
capitanroger
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild had change my life forever, and helped me to return from the Land of Ice and to escape in Tortuga Bay .....Thanks to Captain Rock'N'Rolf for all this Years of Piracy !!!!!The Running Wild is my life, my spirit and my soul!!! Viva Jolly Roger!!!!!!

I swear we'll meet again, in ... Wacken!!!!

I'll keep the our flag forever !!!!
Port Royal is my secret place ,
Running Wild is in my heart
and Jolly Roger in my blood !!!!

Eternal pirat, Capitan Roger.

(ITALY - UCRAINE)

[img][/img]

Last edited by capitanroger on Sun May 03, 2009 3:19 am; edited 13 times in total
Vice
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Prisoner Of Our Time Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 2385 Location: Hämeenlinna
I don't know how my life would have gone without Running Wild, it's the one band that really evolved my musical taste. Even though I never saw the band live or anything like that, it doesn't matter in the end. All that matters is that the Running Wild is the pinnacle of heavy metal - and by far the best music ever recorded.

So thank you Rolf, you had a good run over the years. Now just continue conquering the seven seas with your pirate ship and crew, eternally. We shall meet again. Bye!
pirate4

Vice
(Finland)

Last edited by Vice on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chemanu
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Riding The Storm Joined: 25 May 2008 Posts: 244 Location: La Rioja (Spain)
Thank you, Master Rock'n'Rolf for Running Wild.

Like other forum mates I have to say that Running Wild change my life. I really need listen to your music every day, because it is like fuel for my soul.

With Running Wild I have laughed, cried, sung, danced, dreamed, loved... I have lived. And I will do it for all my life. I learned to play guitar watching your videos!!

I have learned very much with you, Rolf, and I will always admire and respect you, you have all my fondness and I hope that you continue offering to us your music forever.

I wish the best of the world to you and I send you an embrace.

José Manuel Zulueta "Chemanu", from Spain.

Last edited by Chemanu on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Wild Animal Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 423 Location: Wittgenstein
To RUNNING WILD and Rolf in particular:

Thank you
- for awakening my love for metal with your music,
- for always inspiring my thoughts with your lyrics,
- and for accompanying the major part of my life with your immortal songs.

The musical world will be emptier without you, but it would be desolate if you had never existed. In the hearts of your fans you will always have a special place. You will be missed, but never forgotten.

"Port Royal's spirit lives forever on!"

Uli Bauer alias Taurelin (Germany)

Last edited by Taurelin on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total

medouch
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 19 Apr 2009 Posts: 9
There will never be another Running wild. Thank you deeply for all those years of sailing metal seas with flags high and proud. Thank you for making me love and buy an explorer guitar, for unstoppable barrage of greatest riffs, for those uplifting songs that fill one with such a power its almost terryfying, for having one of the most likeable voices ever and thanks for the whole legend of Black hand Inn. Thanks Rolf, the metal world owes you big time

Medouch
heavy_metal_werewolf
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Wild Animal Joined: 08 Jan 2009 Posts: 412 Location: Tortuga
It was early 1988, when I heard RUNNING WILD for a first time. It was the "Prisoner Of Our Time" song, played on the radio. I was a kid back then of course, and I just discovered bands like MAIDEN, ACCEPT, PRIEST and MANOWAR. I falled in love in RUNNING WILD, and the same week I bought the "Gates To Purgatory" and "Branded And Exiled" tapes, which became my absolute favorites for a long time, and I have no idea, for how many days, weeks or even months, they were locked in my walkman! Shortly after that I discovered many other great German acts, such as STORMWITCH or WARLOCK, but RUNNING WILD became one of my absolute favorites for the next 20 years (or even more, actually). Yes, I'm honored to say, that I'm a RUNNING WILD fan, it was a brilliant band. It was? No, it still is! Who cares, that Rolf won't be doing next albums under this banner - all the classics he recorded so far, are already immortal, and RUNNING WILD is, and always will be immortal. Chains and leather, forever!

Bart Gabriel, Hard Rocker Magazine & Management, Poland.

www.bartgabriel.com | www.hardrocker.pl

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Rolf, Running Wild, The only true Pirates in Heavy Metal,

Thank you very much for all these years of fuckin'heavy metal and for making me a real metalhead!
I'm very sad about your decision to low the flag for the last time, but i'm sure that Running Wild will live forever in all the hearts and in all the heads and in all the way of thinking of many and many people!

THANK YOU FOR ALL!!!

Earthshaker

I swear we meet again

Bye
Majk Moti
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Marooned Joined: 24 Aug 2008 Posts: 36 Location: Radevormwald
Hallo Rolf,

für nichts in der Welt würde ich es verpassen, auf der CD mit Namen zu erscheinen Smile. Immerhin waren die Jahre mit dir und Running Wild nicht die schlechtesten meines Lebens, trotz aller Mühen, die sie manches Mal mit sich brachten.

Es tut gut zu sehen, dass du weitere fast 20 Jahre die Flagge hoch gehalten hast, die wir damals unter beträchtlichen Mühen errichtet haben. Deine Leidenschaft und dein bedingungsloser Glaube an dich selbst haben dich so weit gebracht, und das gilt es uneingeschränkt zu bewundern.

Schade, dass es nun vorbei ist, aber wir wissen es ja alle: Man soll gehen, wenn es am Schönsten ist, nicht wahr, alter Kämpe?

Für deinen weiteren Weg wünsche ich dir alles Gute und jeden denkbaren Erfolg, aber da habe ich keine Sorge, du weißt ja, wie's geht Smile.

Gruß

Majk Moti

Hi Rolf.

Not for love and money I would miss out on being listed on that CD with my name. Those years with you and Running Wild have not been the worst in my life, after all, notwithstanding the hardship we had to endure at times.

It's quite a good thing to see that you have kept up the flag we have put up at that time, sometimes at the cost of great privations. Your passion and your unconditional belief in yourself have carried you a long way, which has to be admired without reservation.

It's a pity that it's over now, but we all know: one should leave on the crest of the wave, don't we, old chum?

I wish you the very best and any success possibly conceivable for your way ahead, but no sorrow here, you know how the land lies Cool Cool Smile.

Regards,
Majk Moti

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for being a part of my life.I am a seaman,not that this really matters but when i first listened to Running Wild i felt like i was a pirate!Piracy is tottaly different nowadays than Running Wild use to describe but the point of it almost the same.Bounty Rulers Running Wild there is a ship ahoy!

George Dancingonamine!
Rabensblut
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Raise your fist and praise the mighty pirate captain. Das wird sehr lieb. Wann kommt das DVD Raus?
Run Wild Run Free
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame to hear that Running Wild are handing in the towel after over 25 years in the business. Unfortunately, I wont be able to make it to Wacken 09, which is a shame because I have never had the chance (nor will I) to see the band live. However, I have their entire music collection, plus a DVD. Their music is such a blessing to listen to; I can't go a day without listening to at least one of their songs!

Thank you very much Running Wild for your contributions to heavy metal, you will be missed!

Jostein Ryan
The Privateer
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 22 Location: Brasília, Brazil
Thank you Running Wild and The Master Riff Mr. Capitain Rock n' Rolf Kasparek for 25 great Years of Metal Piracy!!!
Up with the Roger!!!

Ricardo Luis from Brazil !

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
War Child Joined: 09 Mar 2009 Posts: 78 Location: Germany
Rolf, ich danke dir vielmals für die geile Musik, welche du über die ganzen Jahrzehnte hinweg an mich und die anderen Fans weitergegeben hast. Running Wild war eine große Band, welche den traditionellen Metal mit ihrem einzigartigen Stil geprägt hat wie nur wenige andere Bands und die sich unabhängig von jeglichen Strömungen jederzeit treu blieb.

Deine Alben werden auf ewig als Monumente des Metals verbleiben und noch für nachfolgende Metalgenerationen als Inspiration dienen.
Ich freue mich, dass ich es trotz meines recht jungen Alters noch schaffen werde dich live zu erleben. Bis dahin!

CHAINS AND LEATHER WILL LIVE FOREVER

Alex / Hellfire
DarkMarc
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 06 Jul 2008 Posts: 5
THANK YOU RUNNING WILD FOR ALL THE SAILS ON THE SEA OF HEAVY METAL! SHIP AHOI!

- Dark Marc -
Doom_Styme
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Death or glory, everyday, forever.
You got the glory, and you'll never die for the fans.
Keep drinkin rum and sailing the seas, pirates!

Last goodbye from Italy,

Doom Styme
Angelripper
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Danke Rolf für die geilen 30 Jahre, von denen ich ca. 16 aktiv miterleben durfte. Schade das alles nun vorbei ist Sad.Freue mich schon sehr auf die neue Live DVD. Kann leider nicht mit dabei sein, da meine Festivalplanung schon abgeschlossen ist Sad. Warum eine so späte Bekanntgabe?
Bitte bitte packt auf die DVD das alte Death Or Glory VHS Tape mir drauf und am besten auch den Wackengig von 2003?!

Alles Gute für die Zukunft Rolf!!!

Thomas W.
teekuis
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Wild Animal Joined: 24 May 2008 Posts: 635 Location: Finland
First of all.. Huge thank you for everything. The career you made is one of a kind, and i can't give enough words to explain how much pleasure the albums gave me over the years, and will give in the future. I hope only the best for your future career!

Timo Takala (teekuis) (Finland)

Last edited by teekuis on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sairon
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Danke für all die Jahre !
Mein erstes Konzert war die Black Hand Inn Tour mit Grave Digger 1994. War danach auf jedem in meiner nähe. 1994 war speziell für mich, mein erstes Running Wild Konzert und mein Bruder war dabei.
Mein Bruder starb 2002, aber dieses Erlebniss mit ihm zusammen zu erleben wird mir immer im Gedächntiss bleiben.
Angefangen hatte alles als ich damals Under Jolly Roger zum nächtelangen spielen von Pirates! hörte.
Vielen Dank für alle Konzerte, Alben und Songs. Running Wild wird mich immer begleiten.
Patric Buckenauer
SkulldozeR
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quote
A big thanx to Running wild and Captain Rock 'n' Rolf! A great inspiration for many bands and many fanatic fans all over the world!

You offered and keep offering me unlimited hours of pure heavy metal with my favorite taste of piracy! arrrgh!

Up the Crossbones dude! See ya at Wacken!
Igor
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Rolf for alle the fantastic music you made over the years.
I discovered Running Wild for me only ~2 Years ago, so i had no chance to see RW live till now. As i'm only 24 years old right now i've missed manny great shows, but i'm happy that I#v got one chance to be part of a Running Wild show.
So i'll see you at this years Wacken Open Air and make a dream come true Smile

Best regards and pirate greetings
Sebastian "Igor" G.
PagAngel
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Marooned Joined: 24 May 2008 Posts: 57 Location: Augsburg, Bayern
Hi Rolf,

it was about about 1990 when a friend of mine gave me a mix-tape with "Riding The Storm" on it - oh, what an awesome & great song! I was totally hooked from the start!!! (aged about 12) so ALL these years (about 20!!!) i've supportet you & everybody behind YOUR baby - because it was & still is the best German Metal band around! I'm also very glad i met you personally in Munich on 23/09/2005 after a great live show! So thank you very much for all the great & remindable times we shared! The music & art you left is immortal!

Bernd "PagAngel" Baumgartner
ctm
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Thank you,

Rolf and Running Wild for all these years. A friend of mine played 'Port Royal' for me in 1989 and since then I'm hooked. I've been listening to all kinds of hard rock and metal for more than 25 years and I can honestly say that no other band has come close to what you are. Your music is unique and very special. Not many artists/bands can achieve that. Thank you for everything and I wish you luck with everything in the future.

Sincerely,

Christer "W.A.S.P. Collector" Olsson
RocknRausch
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Prisoner Of Our Time Joined: 25 May 2008 Posts: 4302 Location: Munich / Germany
Thank you, RocknRolf, for all the years and good memories with Running Wild!

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 24 May 2008 Posts: 20 Location: Embu, São Paulo, Brazil
I know Running Wild when i was 13 years old and have changed my life.
The legacy of Running Wild will live forever, my sons will know what this band represents to me.
Thank You for everything Mr. Rolf, you're fantastic.

Felippe de Oliveira, Embu das Artes/SP - Brazil
Metalhead
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Wild Animal Joined: 25 May 2008 Posts: 510
Danke Rolf für alles was du für mich und für uns alle getan hast! Wir werden dich und Running Wild immer in unseren Herzen tragen und uns im Gedenken an dich die Seele aus dem Leib bangen

metal

Thank you Rolf for being one of the biggest parts in my life!
Thank you for leading me through my good high-times and my bad low-times!
Running Wild is the first thing that comes to my mind when I talk or think about Music! Thank you for helping me to get my mind free through your lyrics!
I think I would never have started playing the Guitar without knowing Rolf, you are the biggest influence that I ever had!
Thank you so much for let me see things, that the most people do not see!
You gave me the fucking greatest time in my life and I'm sure that I will have a lot of great times with your music in the future!

I wish you all the best for whatever you will do now Rolf!
Be sure, that I will alway stand behind you, your music and your ideals!

You got my full respect and I'm taking my head off to salute you!

Keep the Roger raised and Stay true, like you did it the last 30 years! pirate1

Thank you for everything!

All the best and cheers from little Esbeck in Germany near Braunschweig!

Steffen Wellegehausen
Metalhead

(A picture will follow soon)

Last edited by Metalhead on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Jones
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Riding The Storm Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 163 Location: Colorado Springs,Colorado
Thank you Running Wild. You defined what Metal is and should be.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Rolf and Running wild for giving me great music and inspiration!

Peter Armstrong
Jens
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2008 Posts: 8071 Location: Bucharest - RO
RUNNING WILD did not change but influenced my life and I it wouldn't have been what it is today without Rolf, this band and its songs. Thanks!

Jens Pohl, RUNNING WILD webmaster, metal.de editor