RUNNING WILD Forum Index

<  Raise Your Fist  ~  Be a part of the upcoming DVD: Thank You!

I.Child
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh Mann...
Ich wünschte echt ich wäre wenigstens 10 Jahre früher geboren, hab soviel verpasst in all den Jahren...
Bei mir hats mit Running Wild erst so vor ca 7 jahren angefangen.
Klar hab ich auch vorher schon Musik - speziell Metal - gehört, aber erst mit Running Wild, habe ich auch begonnen Musik zu leben bzw. mich mit ihr zu identifizieren und somit auch irgendwie mit dir, Rolf.
Running Wild ist schon allein deswegen, die beste Metalband überhaupt, weil du einfach nie auch nur einen beschissenen Text geschrieben hast.
Du hast mit deiner Musik und deinen Texten einfach kompromisslos deine Meinung zum Ausdruck gebracht, hast uns die Schattenseiten der Geschichte gezeigt und uns vor den korrupten Machenschaften der Politik gewarnt.
Du hast nicht einfach nur Musik gemacht, du hast Menschen bewegt, hast versucht den meisten von ihnen die Augen zu öffnen, hast rebelliert und hast echt ein Rückrad wie ein verdammter Baumstamm!!
Deswegen muss ich doch sagen, es ist echt verdammt schade das ausgerechnet du nun die Segel streichst.
Ich denke (und hoffe), dass Du nicht aufgegeben hast, sondern wohl einfach nur wusstest, wann die Zeit gekommen ist. Aber hey, wer bin ich das ich versuche in anderer Leute Köpfe zu schauen...?

Jedenfalls wünsche ich dir weiterhin alles Gute und viel Erfolg bei allem was du noch so vor dir hast.
Du verdienst weiterhin meinen größten Respekt und daran wird sich auch so schnell nichts ändern...

Stay wild

Nadine Schallenberg (I.Child)

@Jens: Ich hoffe es ist ok. das ich auf deutsch geschrieben hab, da ich glaube, dass ich das im Englischen nicht so gut rüber bringen kann, wie im Deutschen.
Lindberg
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quote
War Child Joined: 24 May 2008 Posts: 106
Thank You Rolf!
It has been a pleasure to follow the ship since the debut 1984..i was 12..now it`s 25 years later and i´m still listening...i guess that says it all?

Respect!

Anders "ThE pOrRiDgEfAcE" Lindberg
(Sweden)
ConquistadoresFIN
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild has been an BIG inspiration for me in listening and playing music, sadly im not seeing RW in WOA09. Must get that DVD. Great metal albums with bombastic riffs made Rolf! Never gonna stop listen to them!

- Sebastian Bergman
Rodring Wild
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote
RUNNING WILD - THE METAL PIRATES!!!!

After all a life by the tireless and intense seas of the Heavy Metal the pirate adventure arrived at its end, the moment to descend the cannons is coming and to look back to the glorious 30 Years of Naval Battle... I am proud to be Fan of the greatest band that has given the Heavy Metal in all its history. ..mi beloved RUNNING WILD..

ROCK "N" ROLF ...Master!!!! Thanks for every moment of passion and happiness that you have given to me in my life and by giving me those firm desires of continuing at every step, thanks by forming part of the Band that full all my heart of devotion, thanks by being the most loyal to Heavy Metal musician, I feel that to have followed to Running Wild for so many years.. now I can rest in peace..

Thanks the other great musicians that form part of the Running Wild Saga,that shine in its absence and sometime were a brave crew members of the Ship Marine, large corsairs that formed part of Running Wild ...Majk Motti,Jens Becker,Jorg Michael,Gerald Preacher,Stephan Boriss,Hasche Hagemann,Iain Finlay,Stefan Scharwzmann,Axel Morgan,Thilo Hermann,AC,Thomas Smuszynski

A you see but Rock N Rolf. ..Master!!! thanks for all. ..and RUNNING WILD continues alive in my heart!!!!
Since my distant land South-America a great hug to all my brothers corsairs of the entire world...

Rodring Wild..(Asuncion - Paraguay)

Rodring Wild
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quote
Charko
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 am Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 12 Apr 2009 Posts: 9 Location: Finland
To RUNNING WILD:
Never has a band influenced my life like RUNNING WILD did. No other band ever will. Hell, nothing else ever will. RUNNING WILD taught me to be who I am. RUNNING WILD was the band who taught every other band out there what Heavy Metal really is. You guys never followed no fashions, you were true all the way from the start. You never gave up your ideals, not even in the end. With sadness in my very core I have to accept the fact I never saw you live. But you die with your boots on, and you go out in style: You never became sell-outs. Rebel at heart, all the way. Huge thank yous to the band for having created wonderful music. Heavy Metal would've been nothing without RUNNING WILD.

Jarkko Kukila / Finland
Lethal Dose
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Apr 2009 Posts: 1 Location: Melbourne, Australia
Hi All, I hail from down under. 2003 saw me make it to Wacken to see the masters of speed and metal, Running Wild, and when I saw them in the hotel I could not even bring my self to say hi, I have come all the way from Australia to see you guys. man am I glad now that I saw them but i disappointed that will be the only time. Running Wild are an inspiration to many, and after so long they have touched generations with their music..

I write and record metal music and will setup a myspace soon and am writing a tribute song entitle Running Wild - almost all the inspiration has come from the master Rock n" Rolf. The fast songs and the triplets on the guitars the signature tunes that capture the essence of what they are about.

Hail Running Wild, German legends of metal, metalheads, metal masters, pioneers and the greatest band the world has ever seen. Germany is an awesome place and I can think of no other fitting place to play the final gig but at Wacken.
GeneralCuster
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Hi Rolf,

vielen Dank für die richtig geilen songs, du die Jahre über mit Running wild gespielt hast. Ich werde nachwievor ein Fan bleiben und euch in guter Erinnerung behalten.
Ich wünsche dir für deine weitere musikalische Zukunft alles alles Gute.

Keep on rockin' rocking

Mischa Gerhardus aus Betzdorf/ Sieg Smile
marcowild
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Hi,
my first Running Wild CD was Masquerade, when i pushed the play button and the music started i was kidnapped by wonderful guitars and in that moment i became a RW fan!
The bad news makes me very sad, especially because i've never had the opportunity to see you live. Hoping for a rethinking about that i raise a glass of beer (and a fist, of course) to you!

Marco

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I have been a huge fan of Running Wild since 1986, and you have been able to spellbound me with your music, lyrics and vocals. There is not a day passing by without a few RW songs from the speakers. I even managed to get hold of the old Debut no 1 demo Vinyl a long time ago, this has a special place in my collection!

I did never managed to see RW live, and Wacken 09 was sold out before i knew that you where playing .. And i will miss out big time!! I would really like to be there with the RW fans singing my heart out when your classics comes rolling out. =((

I am now in the booking team for Norway Rock Festival, and my plan was to bring RW to Norway in 2010. Nothing pleases a music lover more than if you can book your favorite band!! But this will now never happen.

Anyone know where i can buy the new t-shirt? Can't seem to find the RW shop ..

I raise my glass to the master of Heavy Metal and Piracy, more rum please!!

Johnny Svindland

Last edited by Warship on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
HeavyGabry
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Mighty Running Wild, we want to thank you for spreading Heavy Metal through all these long years in the world... Our beloved music probably wouldn't be the same without you... We just hope that this isn't a total farewell, it's very sad hearing from you that now it's time to put an end to your great adventure... We'll always support you! Death or Glory!

HeavyGabry & Engel

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Rolf for all this years youve dedicated to making such magnificent music, Running Wild was one of the first bands I listened to and that started me on the genre, I love your every creation;I never had the opportunity to see you live but your music will stay with me forever, youre my favorite person in the world and a genius and truly a metal god!! Youll be always in my heart, best wishes and happines my friend
Cheers from México, Moni M.

Ok so I just have to say this..please man if you change your mind..make a last little tour ..and visit California!! Or not whatever makes you happy Smile
Captain Blackhand
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:24 am Reply with quote
Riding The Storm Joined: 07 Nov 2008 Posts: 338 Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Long time ago i was thinking that Running Wild is the meaning of life...
Now i realise that i was wrong - its much more than that!

THANK YOU ROLF, FOR ALL YOU GAVE TO ME!
BLACKDOGGOD
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
hallo ROLF

möchte mich bei dir und deinen mannen bedanken für die yahre lange geile mucke die ihr(du)macht weiter so

we are prisinors of a time and we Stay wild
TY

BLACKDOGGOD
KOSTAS HEILBRONN GERMANY

(GREECE)
Blacksoul
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 25 May 2008 Posts: 5 Location: Münster, Germany
Hallo Rolf & Running Wild!

Ich weiss gar nicht, was ich sagen soll. Eine der besten (für mich die Beste) Metal-Bands wird zu Grabe getragen. Ich möchte mich auf diesem Weg bei Rolf und allen RW-Musikern für die geile Zeit, die ich seit "Death Or Glory" mit euch erlebt habe, bedanken. Das größte Erlebnis war für mich - mal abgesehen von den unendlichen Live-Konzerten -, dass ich Rolf und Bernd (Aufermann) bei der Autogrammstunde zur "20 Years in History" in Dortmund persönlich kennenlernen durfte. Ich wünsche Rolf und Crew für die Zukunft alles Gute!

Ebenfalls bedanken möchte ich mich bei Dane Kurth (ehemalige Fanclub-Leiterin) und Jens Pohl für die großartige Arbeit, die sie in all den Jahren geleistet haben.

Stay wild!

Markus Eick,
Münster
Captain Dante
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:53 am Reply with quote
Dear Rolf,

there are no words to explain this sad end, accured suddenly, however it was expected.
The begins of the adventure with the Running Wild was overtime, epic, involving, excinting, and damn Wild.
In this years with your music and the words in the texts i excedeed boundaries first unsurpassed, i win battles although when the forces were close to the end, defeat some the biggest fears, but expecially, i found my world and my biggest landmark.

The sincerity and the passion that applied in the music, you were so able to trasmit it in all the world, in particoular to all the last pirates on this earth, they could so enjoy to listen an Heavy Metal
( the most beautiful music world's) unique and inimitable.

If today i am a Pirate, is thanks to you.
You were a Great Inspiration and you'll continue to be, now that you've left the rudder.
I'll continue to believe in the flag, the biggest sign of Freedom and Adventure never know, and i will forward the teachings that you helped me to assimilate.

Really thanks for all, my Dear and only Master...
wish that our ships can travel to the freedom, in the hopeness that they can meet again each others at the end of our days.

See you at Port Royal.

With Great Respect and Love.

Captain Dante
(Emanuele Gargano)

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:58 am Reply with quote
Marooned Joined: 09 Jun 2008 Posts: 58 Location: Finland, Kotka
Hi Rolf!

Thank you for the great melodic metal music you have made during the years.
Running Wild songs will be played forever on.. \,,/

All the good for your future !

regards

Lasse Rantanen
jartsi
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote
Under Jolly Roger Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 907 Location: Finland
When i first bought the album Under Jolly Roger and put it on my cd-player i realized this is the kind of band i had been looking for. Now after the farewell news i know there will never be a unique and great band as Running Wild. I can still go back to basically Running Wild's entire back discography from 1984 to 2005 and really have a blast with your material. Rolf's legendary ships will definitely be sailing away for all eternity.

So thank you Rolf for all the great albums, your music really influenced my life.

All the best for your future!

Regards
Timo Pekkala
Metalhead
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Wild Animal Joined: 25 May 2008 Posts: 510
Now here is a picture of Thor/Jannik (left) and Me/Steffen (right), made today in my garden

Steffens Text:

Danke Rolf für alles was du für mich und für uns alle getan hast! Wir werden dich und Running Wild immer in unseren Herzen tragen und uns im Gedenken an dich die Seele aus dem Leib bangen

metal

Thank you Rolf for being one of the biggest parts in my life!
Thank you for leading me through my good high-times and my bad low-times!
Running Wild is the first thing that comes to my mind when I talk or think about Music! Thank you for helping me to get my mind free through your lyrics!
I think I would never have started playing the Guitar without knowing Rolf, you are the biggest influence that I ever had!
Thank you so much for let me see things, that the most people do not see!
You gave me the fucking greatest time in my life and I'm sure that I will have a lot of great times with your music in the future!

I wish you all the best for whatever you will do now Rolf!
Be sure, that I will alway stand behind you, your music and your ideals!

You got my full respect and I'm taking my head off to salute you!

Keep the Roger raised and Stay true, like you did it the last 30 years! pirate1

Thank you for everything!

All the best and cheers from little Esbeck in Germany near Braunschweig!

Steffen Wellegehausen
Metalhead

Janniks Text:

Ich muss leider auf Deutsch schreiben, da meine Englischkenntnisse begrenzt sind Very Happy

Ich höre Running Wild nun schon seid 4 Jahren. Jawohl, das ist zwar relativ kurz, aber ich muss sagen, dass es bis jetzt keine andere Band gab die mich so beeinflusst hat wie Running Wild.
Ohne Running wäre ich wohl jetzt sonst wo gelandet. Ja wahrscheinlich hätte ich ohne Running Wild niemals mit dem Gitarre spielen begonnen.
Bei dieser Band ist einfach jedes Lied cool, auch wenn manche behaupten, dass das Rogues en Vogue Album schwach ist oder sowas, meiner Meinung nach hat Running Wild kein einziges schwaches Lied!
Bei jeder Band finde ich manche Lieder gut und manche nicht. Aber bei Running Wild fand ich bis jetzt alle Lieder exzellent! Ich kann mir Riding the Storm 5000000 mal anhören und kriege trotzdem noch ne Gänsehaut beim Refrain. Wenn man als Musiker so etwas schafft, gehört man eindeutig zu den Besten. Solche Gefühle sind es ja, die gute Musik ausmachen!
Außerdem macht es bei keiner anderen Band so viel Spass herauszufinden um was es in den Lyrics geht Very Happy
Wegen The Battle of Waterloo habe ich sogar meine Hausarbeit über die Schlacht von Waterloo geschrieben:D

Wie man sieht hat Rock'n'Rolf alles richtig gemacht, jedenfalls aus meiner Sicht. Diese Musik ist einfach wahre Musik die von Herzen kommt und die einem nie im Stich lässt, egal wie man sich fühlt. So etwas findet man heutzutage nicht mehr oft!

Also:

Thank you Running Wild!

Jannik Günther form Germany^^

Hail to Running Wild metal pirate4
Timerider
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:57 am Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 18 Jan 2009 Posts: 13 Location: Andernach/Germany
Die Fregatte ist versenkt !!!!!!!!
R.I.P.

Last edited by Timerider on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bavarian_Privateer
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:12 am Reply with quote
Under Jolly Roger Joined: 26 May 2008 Posts: 1288 Location: Riding the Storm
To Rolf and Running Wild:

Thank you so much for 30 Years of Heavy Pirate Metal at it's Best! I will never forget all the good Times I had or I will have listening to your Music! It changed my Life!

UNDER JOLLY ROGER! WE ARE LIONS OF THE SEA, SINGING THE PIRATE SONG WHILE SAYING "PAY OR FLEE, LEAD OR GOLD!" AND WHEN JENNING'S REVENGE HAS PASSED, WE ARE RIDING THE STORM AGAIN WITH SKULL & BONES WAVING IN THE WIND! FROM PORT ROYAL WHE SAIL TO THE TREASURE ISLAND IN ORDER TO FIND THE DIAMONDS OF THE BLACK CHEST! AND WHEN WE'VE FOUND THEM, IN TORTUGA BAY WE WILL DRINK RUM IN THE BLACK HAND INN UNTIL WE'RE MAROONED. OUR BROTHERHOOD A BLAZON STONE FOR ALL TO FOLLOW! AND WHEN POWDER & IRON REIGN THE SEAS, THE PRIVATEER WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY! WE WILL NOT FEAR THE UNDERWORLD BECAUSE WE ARE REBELS AT HEART! TO ALL THE SLAVE-DRIVERS WE SAY "WIN OR BE DROWNED!". AND WHEN THE RIVALRY HAS ENDED, ALL LONEWOLVES WILL DANCE THE LAST WALTZ ON LIBERTALIA, WEARING CHAINS & LEATHER!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Michael "Bavarian Privateer" Gitterer (one of your most loyal Fans ever)

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:03 am Reply with quote
Prisoner Of Our Time Joined: 31 May 2008 Posts: 9905 Location: Germany
Bavarian_Privateer wrote:
To Rolf and Running Wild:

Thank you so much for 30 Years of Heavy Pirate Metal at it's Best! I will never forget all the good Times I had or I will have listening to your Music! It changed my Life!

UNDER JOLLY ROGER! WE ARE LIONS OF THE SEA, SINGING THE PIRATE SONG WHILE SAYING "PAY OR FLEE, LEAD OR GOLD!" AND WHEN JENNING'S REVENGE HAS PASSED, WE ARE RIDING THE STORM AGAIN WITH SKULL & BONES WAVING IN THE WIND! FROM PORT ROYAL WHE SAIL TO THE TREASURE ISLAND IN ORDER TO FIND THE DIAMONDS OF THE BLACK CHEST! AND WHEN WE'VE FOUND THEM, IN TORTUGA BAY WE WILL DRINK RUM IN THE BLACK HAND INN UNTIL WE'RE MAROONED. OUR BROTHERHOOD A BLAZON STONE FOR ALL TO FOLLOW! AND WHEN POWDER & IRON REIGN THE SEAS, THE PRIVATEER WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY! WE WILL NOT FEAR THE UNDERWORLD BECAUSE WE ARE REBELS AT HEART! TO ALL THE SLAVE-DRIVERS WE SAY "WIN OR BE DROWNED!". AND WHEN THE RIVALRY HAS ENDED, ALL LONEWOLVES WILL DANCE THE LAST WALTZ ON LIBERTALIA, WEARING CHAINS & LEATHER!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Michael "Bavarian Privateer" Gitterer (one of your most loyal Fans ever)

SAIL HO, MATE
Simo_on_the_storm
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
For Rolf and for all those who have played with Running Wild:

I'm your Italian fan and unfortunately I've never been able to see you on stage because the last time you came in Italy was in 2000. Despite this I want to thank you all for the emotions that you have given me with your song, because only you, with your music, you are so extraordinary that no other band in the world.

Thank Rolf, thank you very much, you are my idol, Captain!!!

Since it can not be at Wacken this summer, I hope to appear in the credits of your last dvd, it would be like to have played a song with you for the last time, would be the biggest gift you could give me.

I will not forget you, I will have a beautiful memory of you in my heart.

Thank you.

Simone Molteni from Milan, Italy.

Last edited by Simo_on_the_storm on Sat May 09, 2009 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vorax
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Riding The Storm Joined: 26 May 2008 Posts: 339 Location: Norway
Thank you Rolf for 13 great albums and 30 years with the best heavy metal ever made! I hope to see you live for the first time at Wacken in August! I'm expecting powder and iron:pirate4:

Forever Under Jolly Roger, Anders (Vorax) Wistrøm (Norway)
DreamWeaver
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:42 am Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 10
Well...

Nearly 20 years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to metal. And the band he used to do that was Running Wild. I was hooked from the first second. Songs like Treasure Island, Bad To The Bone or Riding The Storm blown me away.

Since then, I listened to a lot of metal over the years. But, Running Wild is and will always be my root. And I still enjoy listen to Running Wild! And it is not only the music, but the whole concept. Running Wild is more than only the songs. It is an approach to life!

Well...

Big thanks to Rolf and all who were involved in Running Wild and made some of my favorite music of all time!
I wish you all the best!

Marco Göbel

My contribution:
Agony
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Greetings!

Thank you for all the years, great albums and for not following any trends, but staying true to yourself! All good things come to an end, see you at Wacken!

ps. Since the information of the last show came so late (sold out show), and many of the fans are going to miss it, somebody has to pay! We can´t blame the band of course, so on stage Rolf should sent some of the wacken organisers to walk the plank! Very Happy

thanks,

Mika Pulkkinen
Finland
MetalFlint
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 19 Oct 2008 Posts: 17
rolf! danke für die großartige Musik die du mir und allen anderen fans geschenkt hast. RUNNING WILD wird immer weiter leben und immer wieder gespielt werden. Ich wünsche Dir und der Crew alles gute für die Zukunft, privat und beruflich Very Happy ob nun mit toxic taste oder ohne. stay wild!
MetalFlint
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 19 Oct 2008 Posts: 17
wäre schon wenn meine danksagung mir erwähnt wird in der DVD

grüße
alex spindler
Major
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I was about 12 years old or so, when a school comerad gave me a copy of the Under Jolly Roger L.P. on casette, somehow i was impressed by that record and i liked it right from the start.
But actually I became a real big fan 4 years later as I watched the Death Or Glory video tape for the first time, wich got me into a real Running wild addiction...whether it was the pirate thing, the historical and mystical lyrics the -fight- for- freedom attidute,which were a main topic in a lot of their songs, or just only the raw and wild power of fast heavy metal that spoke straight from the heart of a 16 year old teenager who wants to be free and searched for his own place in the world.
I don´t know Rolf personally but i always thought he´s a guy who follows his ideals and heart with no compromises but full passion.
When I read the message it was very clear that this is finally and there won´t be any reunion in a few years. Although i wasn´t that much in the music the last ten years, i became really sad that day , cause somehow i felt that i will loose something that was part of my life and ever will be, even it´s still only RockNRoll!?...Don´t think so. THANK YOU Rolf + Running Wild for everything!!! Dennis Schneider ,Siegbach (Germany)
Edgar RawRider
Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:27 am Reply with quote
Dear Capt. Rolf "Rock N' Rolf" Kasparek:

I have the honor to write this words to you and by your intermission to all the actual, past and former members of this great band that your create 30 years ago: Running Wild. This creation that I have heard exactly 15 years ago, with the treasure that you called UNDER JOLLY ROGER, when i was 12 and since that Running Wild became a important part of my existence.

I want to thank for everything you have done for Metal, for you entire giving to your music and to us, your fans; I want to thank for each songs you wrote, which a lot of them helped me to endure personal struggles, they helped in all stages of my life... Songs which i identify myself totaly... With this songs i learned to "Fight The Opression", i learned to follow my own principles no matter who or what and to say I don't give a goddamn, what you want to force upon me
Fuck you!!!

What i can write more that wasn't writed? Just this Mr. Kasparek; THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY LIFE, EVEN UNKNOWNING ME.

I felt sad when the seawinds of destiny brought me the rumor of shuted cannons, ended battles, ships beached in port... The rumor of the disbandedment of the Pillage and Piracy Gang... But then i look behind... Tons of pieces of eight, 13 golds, 6 jewels, 4 diamonds, corsairs friends and many, many more in this 30 years of rinding the seas of metal, praying to the wind, hooraying to the glory... Hallowing hell, marching with the soldiers of hell at the realms of shades, wearing chains and leather under the jolly roger getting the diamonds of the black chest at the beggar's night... Arriving at the land of ice riding raw.. With you, Capt. Rolf, we (the fans) went to Port Royal and meet Calico Jack and together we sang the Hymn of Long John and ride again over the rainbow just straight to hell...
And with sinister eyes you show to us piles of skulls and Jenning's riding on black winds of death to fulfill he's revenge to finally reach again the treasure island where he told us a history about a man hanged, drawned and quartered by the Phantom Of The Black Hand Hill and the Privateer with powder and iron fighted the fire of hate... I look behind and I see capt. Rolf demonizing a Rebel at heart, a Metalhead marching to the final battle, where the dragon returned... I see Rolf at the fall of Dorkas where he and the Tsar danced the final waltz to see the silent killer's victory... And he welcomes us to hell, to the brotherhood, He told us that in the siberian winter's cross fire he meet the Dr. Horror and the Ghost, and there, in the Siberian winter they draw the line, as a sign to the Angel Of Mercy to fight the Soul Vampire, who are winged and feathered.. Finaly, our leader, show us the Dead Man's Road which goes to the war, and where all the corsairs around the world will sing together, strong, loud and proudly THE PIRATE SONG... And all this makes take a deep breath and say: "Captain already have the booty... He can already lower he's flag"

Tank you so much Mr. Kasparek. Running Wild will live forever in our hearts...

I hope, as my friend told me, that the prophecy writed in "Calico Jack" will be fulfilled... "I swear we meet again... Bye"

Edgar R. (Aka Edgar RawRider) From a Little Southamerica's country called Paraguay, an island sourrounded by soil, where the piracy will live on.. forever.

"Running Wild Vivirá por siempre dentro de cada uno de nosotros.. Gracias por todo Capitán Kasparek"

PS: Thanks for supporting world's underground bands which appears in the tribute albums... I hail to thee, because they are fans just like me who gives a offering to the biggest Pirate that has sailed the seas. I salute you comrades!

Last edited by Edgar RawRider on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Asamael
Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Marooned Joined: 19 May 2009 Posts: 62 Location: Tampere, Finland
When I was a little boy, 4 or 5, or something like that, my brother played a certain LP on his vinyl player. And the opening song caught my attention. It was Riding the Storm and I wanted to hear it over and over again. Something in it's melodies and riffs was so enchanting, the piratey athmosphere and everything. Soon I started to listen to other great records, and on par with Riding the Storm was classics like Judas Priest's The Ripper, and Iron Maiden's Children of the Damned.

Running Wild and metal in general has been part of my life so long, that I hardly can remember time before this "revelation". I've never managed to see Running Wild live before, but soon it's time. I'm sad, that it will be the last time for the pirates to enter the stage, but also excited about the chance to see them play at last. When I hear the first notes of Riding the Storm in Wacken... I guess that will be one of those special moments in life.

Thank you, Captain Rolf, and the crew of Running Wild.

Tuomas Saari
Finland

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 19 May 2009 Posts: 20 Location: Oldenburg
Hereby, I will try to write down my whole thankfulness to Running Wild:

Fall of Dorkas has been the first song ever, I truely loved. Actually Running Wild was the first Metal band a became a fan of, and, until now, it's the last.
2 and a half years ago, with the age of 16, I began to hear music at all, and as I heared Fall of Dorkas the first time, I got totaly hypnotized by the drum cascade opening the song: a feeling I will allways remember. That was the first time, I began to recognize that music could be more than pure entertainment. I don't know how I would have done without this event, but so, I became a true lover of Metal, changing my life completely. All that I am and got is, in some way, based on this excellent song. Running Wild changed my life!
Of course I respect Rolfs wish, but I also know, it won't be the end of Running Wild. The band leaves a huge fan comunity inspired by some of the greates songs, I ever heared, behind.
I intend to give all this back to our beloved musicians during their last show, and I don't know, if I will be able, leave the danceyard by myself.

Thankfully for a whole life: Niklas

KEEP ON FIGHTING THE OPPRESSION AND DANCING ON MINEFIELDS!
RUNNING WILD WILL REMAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE, THAT I SWEAR!
wegen
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:26 pm Reply with quote
A metal ship on it´s last journey.
Your songs will echo over the seas...
Will miss you forever.

The swedish viking
Johan Wegerstam
LeatherRebel
Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Faceless Joined: 24 Apr 2009 Posts: 6
First of, thank you to everyone involved in the start of Running Wild: Rolf, Gerald "Preacher" Warnecke, Stephan Boriss and Wolfgang "Hasche" Hagemann as well as the guys from the Granite Heart period, and everyone that played in RW during all these years.

Now to Rock'n'Rolf: After years of devotion to RW I can't believe the end has come and it's worse the way that it's being done.
But looking back, I see how import is RW to me, every album, every song, every riff and lyric will be missed! Can't imagine how will it be to not have a new RW album with the most realistic lyrics and powerful riffs in Metal history.

The musical legacy of Running Wild is unquestionable, but the strenght and beliefs of you and your music, the desire of keep going on against the trends and fashions that most bands have gone by during all these years is by far the real legacy of Running Wild, one of the few (very few) Real Metal bands in the world. And that's why I'll keep supporting this band during the years to come.

Rolf, I wish you all the best in your life, you trully deserve it. I won't support you musically now because I don't believe in it, but it's your decision and I really respect it.
Thank You for all the great moments. The music of RW will live forever.

"We are prisoners of our time, but we are still alive. Fight for the
freedom, fight for the right, we are Running Wild!"

- SVL -
Magnus Johansson
Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Hello Exclamation
A big Thank you to Rolf ! and thanks to all musicians how played in Running Wild over the years. Rolf, you have made my life so much more happier with all your catchy melodies and great songs, since I discoverd Running Wild in the end of the 80´s. I really wish I would hear more catchy melodies from you in the future in one way or another.
"Running Wild, forever in my heart"
Greetings from METAL PIRATE #336
Magnus Johansson, Varberg, Sweden